These are the Top 10 facts about Ms dhoni on his birthday .
1. MS Dhoni was given the honourary rank of Lt Colonel by the Indian Army in 2011. He later said that joining the army was one of his childhood dreams.
2. MS Dhoni did not drop out from school as is widely believed. In fact, passed his 10th board exams with a decent 66 per-cent.
3. MS Dhoni was an employee for Air-India, whom he had joined to play cricket. He also played for them in the BCCI Corporate Trophy in 2009. Dhoni gave up his Air-India job in 2013.
4. Dhoni was discovered via the BCCI’s small-town talent-spotting initiative ‘Talent Resource Development Wing’. Dhoni was discovered by PC Podar, former captain of a Bengal.
5. MS Dhoni is obsessed with collection of motorbikes. The X132 Hellcat is one of the most notable bikes in Dhoni’s collection. It is believed Dhoni owns around 15 bikes.
6. MS Dhoni made the helicopter shot his trademark. The shot was taught to him by his friend, former Jharkhand cricketer Santosh Lal. Unfortunately, Lal passed away at a young age of 32 in 2013. Dhoni had arranged for his treatment in Delhi, but couldn’t save him.
7. MS Dhoni owns a team in the FIM Supersport World Championship. He created this team in 2012 and named it MSD R-N Racing Team India. It was later named, Mahi Racing Team India, with Telugu actor A Nagarjuna also investing in the team.
8. Under Dhoni’s captaincy, India did not lose a Test match until the first Test versus South Africa in Nagpur in Feb 2010. As a captain, he holds a record for longest unbeaten run in Tests from his debut, 11 Tests (8 wins and 3 draws).
9. Dhoni is also the co-owner of the Chennaiyin Indian Super League team (football), along with bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan
10. Dhoni is the only captain to have bagged all three ICC trophies. In 2007 won the World T20; in 2011, he lifted the World Cup and in 2013, he won the Champions Trophy.